E-Mail: service[at]campus-company.eu  Telefon: +49 67 82 17 10 00


Online form for notification of defects

Information on what to do in case of defects

If you notice a defect or similar in your flat (e.g. defective hoses, broken heating, etc.), please fill out our online defect report below. Our caretaker will contact you as soon as possible to arrange an appointment.

We would also like to refer to your rental contract, in which it is stated that all costs / repairs up to € 50.00 are to be borne by the tenant.

In case of emergency outside our business hours and at weekends, you can reach our caretaker at the telephone number 06782-17 1010.

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

(e.g. cleaning the drain, replacing the blinds, replacing lamps, etc.)

Ungültige Eingabe

(please describe the defect and the location as accurately as possible)

Ungültige Eingabe

Online Enquiry form for student flat

Desired move-in date (move-in only possible on the 1st day of each month)

Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe

Your contact details

Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Bitte geben Sie Ihren Nachnamen ein
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe

About me

Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe
Ungültige Eingabe

Locked out?

You can obtain a replacement key during the week during normal office hours in building 9928 at our hotel reception. On weekends, you can reach our emergency service by calling +49 (0) 6782-17 1010. The phone is diverted to a mobile phone. Please understand that in this case we must charge a fee of € 75.00.

Emergency phone number

In case of emergencies outside our office hours, you can always reach us on the phone number: +49 (0) 6782-17 10 10

Office hours for student services

Appointments by arrangement only!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

From receiving a flat offer to moving in

1st step:

In order to offer you a room according to your needs (furnished, unfurnished, single or shared room), please fill in the provided Student Flat enquiry form and send it or fax it to us. We will get in touch with you and, when appropriate, propose a room that matches your requirements.

2nd step:

Once you have made your choice on a room, we will draw up the tenancy agreement and send it to you. Please return both copies of the tenancy agreement to us. You will receive a signed copy of the agreement back.

3rd step:

Finally, all you have to do is arrange a date for you to move in (+49 (0) 6782-17 2729). Please note that the security deposit must be paid before the keys are handed over.


The rent consists of:

  • Rent exclusive of heating, electricity and other service costs,
  • Furniture (when applicable),
  • Phone costs,
  • Internet costs,
  • Advance payment for service charges.

Please note that the advance payment of service charges is based on an average of approx.

approx. 4 days living on campus!!!

(In most cases, you will leave for home over the weekend).

If you stay on campus 7 days a week, we can increase the advance payment!

The monthly rent is always collected by us on the first day of the month.

Information on the security deposit

The security deposit consists of three months of rent exclusive of heating, electricity and other service costs. You can only move in once we have received the security deposit.

After moving out, you will receive your security deposit back within the following two months.


Furnished rooms

The furnished rooms are equipped with a bed, wardrobe, shelf, desk, desk chair, bedside table and a kitchenette.

Single room

The single rooms are available either furnished or unfurnished. Kitchenette and bathroom.

Room in shared accommodation

Like the single rooms, they are available either furnished or unfurnished. The kitchen and bathroom are for common use. The 4-person shared accommodation is equipped with two bathrooms.



Move-in and move-out dates

Move-in and move-out dates can only be scheduled for weekdays between 08:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Please arrange a date in advance with Ms Winter (+49 (0) 6782-17 2729).


As of now, the following notice periods apply to dormitory leases:

The tenancy agreement may be terminated by the third working day of a month as of the second calendar month thereafter (Section 573 c Para 1 of the German Civil Code/BGB). In simplified terms, this means a notice period of three months as of the end of a calendar month.

A change of rooms within the campus is possible at any time for an administrative fee of € 100.00, provided you have found a new tenant for your flat/room.

Internet costs are already included in the rent (from Campus Company GmbH). To register an IP address for a room at Schneider Bau GmbH, please complete the form below. The internet costs currently amount to € 12.00.

Your network connection is allocated a quota of 250 GB/month at an upstream and downstream speed of 100 Mbit/s. Only traffic to the internet counts. Internal university traffic (with the exception of VPN connections) does not count. The speed will be reduced to 5 Mbit/s after consumption of the  Volume allowance. This means that even after throttling, an HD video stream can still be watched.

You will need a separate registration to make phone calls. Further information is available at the Computer Centre (building 9917).

pdfTermination form (PDF)

Waste disposal

Service charges

You can find all the information about service charges here.


Internet costs are already included in the rent (from Campus Company GmbH). To register an IP address for a room at Schneider Bau GmbH, please complete the form below. The internet costs currently amount to € 12.00.

Your network connection is allocated a quota of 250 GB/month at an upstream and downstream speed of 100 Mbit/s. Only traffic to the internet counts. Internal university traffic (with the exception of VPN connections) does not count. The speed will be reduced to 5 Mbit/s after consumption of the  Volume allowance. This means that even after throttling, an HD video stream can still be watched.

You will need a separate registration to make phone calls. Further information is available at the Computer Centre (building 9917).

Internet Registration Schneider Bau GmbH

  • I undertake to use only the IP address assigned to me and to use it only in my room.
  • The use of my IP address in another room must be reported immediately to Campus Company GmbH.
  • If I move within my dormitory, I must register again and will be given a new IP address.
  • I am aware that misuse of the internet access (the IP address), as well as failure to pay the monthly fee, will result in the blocking of the same.
  • I agree that the current fees in the amount of 12.00 euros for network provision will be collected on the 1st working day of each month.
  • Cancellation will be accepted no later than the 15th day of each month (end of month).

Sign up for

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Home address

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Bank details

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe

Ungültige Eingabe




If you get locked out during our office hours, you can get a replacement key (if we have it) from our office. Outside our office hours, you can call our emergency service on +49 (0) 6782/17-1010. We will charge you a flat rate for travel expenses of € 75.00 for this service.


The landlord is not obligated to provide wastepaper baskets at the letterboxes. Please dispose of them in your own rubbish or waste paper.


Hospitzstrasse is not owned by Campus Company GmbH. The local municipality of Hoppstädten-Weiersbach is responsible for this.


In the event of a broken light bulb, shower curtain, etc. the tenant must replace these himself. Unless the defect already existed at the time of moving in and was immediately reported and noted in the move-in report. Shower curtains must be replaced by the tenant. Unless a defect already existed at the time of moving in and was immediately reported and noted in the move-in report for furnished rooms. For unfurnished rooms, lights and lamps are the tenant’s responsibility.


We ask you to fill out the form "Online form for notification of defects" provided above.


Once the handover of the keys is complete, we need to check a few things before refunding the security deposit. This usually takes 1-2 months. If you have already received additional payments in advance in the form of service charges, we will make a retention amounting to the average of this additional payment obligation. The landlord is entitled to do this according to the BGH ruling of 18.01.2006.


The escape staircases at buildings 9902 and 9903 are emergency staircases and are only to be used in case of danger. In any event, the main access in all cases is the interior staircase. The doors to these staircases must be kept closed.


The keys to the room can be borrowed. You can borrow them on weekdays from 08:00 a.m. — 6:00 p.m. in building 9928. A deposit of € 10.00 must be paid before any release. If the key is not returned within 24 hours, the deposit will not be refunded. We thank you for your understanding.


There is a quiet period in the dormitory from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. The quiet hours are regulated in the house rules as an appendix to the tenancy agreement.


We would like to point out to all tenants of building 9903 that the overflow opening above the windows must be set to “1”. If this overflow opening is closed, the bathroom cannot be properly ventilated, which in turn can lead to mould.  In all other buildings, the fans switch on and off automatically. To ensure effective ventilation, the bathroom door should remain open at regular intervals (e.g. when tenants are absent). In addition, regular ventilation of the rooms must be ensured in all buildings. As a rule, ventilation should be carried out 3-4 times a day with the window open and the bathroom door should be left open to other heated rooms for at least half an hour after each shower. Furthermore, the heating should be set to at least the night level, especially in the cold season.


The freezer compartment should be defrosted on a regular basis.


Due to hygiene regulations, high water temperatures for water heating are required in the buildings. Therefore, higher temperatures may occur when using the hot water.


For fire safety reasons, the placement of objects in the corridors (shelves, clothes racks, shoe racks, rubbish, etc.) is prohibited. We will remove any unlawfully placed objects. The staircases serve as escape routes and therefore we ask for your understanding.


To apply for a place in the student dormitory, please fill out our form “Online Enquiry form for student flat” and send it to us. We will then get in touch with you right in time.


If your drain is clogged, it is not the landlord’s responsibility to “unclog” it. This issue can be solved with commercial products which can be purchased in most shopping centres. However, if this does not work, the caretaker will be happy to help you.

However, we will have to charge you for the costs incurred. To avoid a drain from clogging, a small strainer can be purchased from the store.


Section 556 of the German Civil Code (BGB) states that “the tenant must be notified of the service charges no later than the end of the twelfth month after the end of the billing period”. In our case, the billing period is 01.10. — 30.09. The billing period is agreed in the tenancy agreement.

Here, the usual student issues (usage in semester periods, especially beginning with the winter semester) were taken into account. Your individual period of use may differ. However, this does not change the contractually agreed billing period. In particular, the landlord is not obligated to make partial billing according to Section 556 III s. 4 BGB.


The ventilation system in building 9903, or in the respective bathrooms of the flats, has a forced switch. This means that the ventilation automatically starts after a certain period of time. This is intended to prevent the formation of mould, among other things. We therefore urge you not to switch off the bathroom fuse. Of course, as the tenant, you are responsible and liable for this.

Use of the laundry room in building 9940

The laundry room is located in building 9940.

It is available to the tenants of Campus Company GmbH. You can open the entrance door with your flat key.

We kindly ask you to keep the entrance door of the laundry room closed at all times!

We accept no liability for damage to your clothes.

Regulation of the broadcast fee

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

In order to make dealing with the new broadcast fee a little easier, we have compiled the most frequently asked questions:

1. How is the new contribution obligation regulated?

When the amended broadcasting law came into force on 1 January 2013, the previous broadcasting fees were replaced by a broadcast contribution — hence the Fee Collection Centre (GEZ in German) has also been renamed “Contribution service of ARD, ZDF and Deutschlandradio”.

Since January 2013, a flat-rate fee is charged for every flat. Every household pays          € 17.98 per month, regardless of whether any equipment is available and used in the household. This corresponds to the previous maximum fee — that is, for those who have already registered a television set, nothing changes in principle. This means that all possible types of use are covered, including the use in vehicles.

The contribution must be paid for three months at a time.

2. Who has to pay?

The person liable to pay the contribution is the person who occupies the flat, i.e. every adult who actually lives there, regardless of their nationality. Since it is difficult to determine individual usage, in principle every tenant and everyone who is registered in the flat is considered to be the person occupying the flat.

If there are several people occupying the place — as in the case of a shared accommodation/residential group — they are all jointly and severally liable. This means that, in principle, each of the tenants can be held liable for payment and must pay the amount in full and on behalf of all of them; in this case, an obligation to compensate each other arises. In turn, this also means that: the more residents in a shared flat who are liable to pay contributions (= not exempt), the lower the amount that each individual has to pay proportionally.

It does not matter that each (co-)resident has his/her own tenancy agreement.

3. What is considered a “flat”?

As a rule, a flat in this sense is considered any structurally self-contained room unit that

- is suitable for or is used for living or sleeping and

- can be entered through its own entrance directly from a staircase, an anteroom or from the outside — i.e. not through another living space.

4. Why do student dormitories count as “flats”?

- Single flats are considered individual flats: Here, the tenant must pay € 17.98 per month (exception: BAföG recipients).

- Double flats and groups of tenants/shared accommodations may be recognised as one flat each — this means that only one flat occupant has to pay € 17.98 at a time.

- In the case of “corridor accommodations” (i.e. single rooms with floor kitchens and/or floor bathrooms as well as a floor access door), the situation is unfortunately not clear: presumably, the GEZ will try to designate each room as a fee-paying flat. We recommend that you only declare the respective floor as one flat for the time being.

5. How can one be exempt from the contribution obligation?

Those who receive social benefits can usually continue to be exempt from the obligation to pay. This applies, in particular, to “BAföG recipients” who no longer live with their parents.

The application for exemption must be submitted in writing to the competent state broadcasting institution; corresponding application forms are available online. The application must be accompanied by the original or a certified copy of the current BAföG decision. If you live in a shared flat, you must also provide the names of your flatmates.

Incidentally: those who do not receive BAföG benefits only because their income exceeds the respective requirement limit by less than € 17.98 can apply for an exemption from the contribution obligation as a special case of hardship; in this case, the notice of refusal must be submitted.

In the case of married couples and officially registered civil partnerships who live together in one flat — for example in a double flat — the BAföG exemption also applies to the other person; but: otherwise, for unmarried couples living together in a flat, the partner can be asked to “pay up” by the former GEZ.

All exemption and reduction options are listed under Section 4 of the State Broadcasting Contribution Treaty (RBStV in German).

5 a) Can I be exempt if my place of residence is only my secondary residence?

No, the fee is paid per flat and not per person.

5 b) Are foreign students exempt?

No, there are no special regulations for foreign students, not even for scholarship holders/students in exchange programmes (e.g. Erasmus).

6. How are contributors in shared accommodations decided?

The residents of shared flats who are liable to pay the contribution are so-called joint and several debtors. This means that the broadcasting contribution can only be requested once, but — indiscriminately and completely — from each resident. This person is then entitled to receive his or her share from the other flatmates.

It becomes more complicated if individual flatmates — for example, as recipients of BAföG benefits — are exempt from the contribution obligation; they cannot then be required to pay.

Example: A shared accommodation consisting of four adult students, one of whom is a BAföG recipient. One of the shared accommodation members is designated by the GEZ as a contributor and pays the full amount.

He/she can then demand € 6.00 (€ 17.98 / 3) from each of the other two shared accommodation members who are liable to pay contributions, the BAföG recipient — because he/she is exempt (see question 5) — is left out.

7. Can shared accommodations determine the contributor themselves?

The very essence of joint and several liability is that the creditor — in this case the respective state broadcasting corporation — can choose who they want to hold liable.

So, for example, the trick that a shared accommodation simply designates a “BAföG recipient” as the paying party and then he/she does not have to pay because he/she is exempt from contributions does not work either.

8. Can the landlord instead take over the broadcast contribution and pass it on to the tenants proportionally using the rent or operating costs?

No! This is not possible for the landlord under tenancy law. Incidentally, this would not help either, because the joint and several debt relationship still exists and the broadcasting corporations can choose a global occupant who is liable to pay the contribution and whom they want to hold liable.

9. How do the broadcasting corporations access the tenant data?

Through the registration authorities; they transmit the data of all persons of legal age to the respective competent state broadcasting corporation for the purpose of inventory and initial registration. These data include, among other things, name, date of birth, marital status, current and last address as well as the date of moving into the flat.

In addition, the flat occupants themselves have an obligation to provide information and a duty to notify the competent state broadcasting corporations (see question 11). Although a broadcasting corporation can also demand information about the tenant(s) from the landlord, this only applies if it can prove that it has no other possibility to determine the occupant of a flat.

10. What happens if I have already been a fee payer before?

It is assumed that everyone who currently pays the broadcasting fee will continue to pay the contribution in the future. The changeover to the broadcast contribution is therefore automatic as long as no other information is provided.

In cases where several contributors exist within a residential group (= 1 x contribution obligation), you should not rely on the GEZ contacting you to correct the situation; you will probably have to take action yourself.

11. What duty of disclosure do I have as a tenant?

Every flat occupant must register with the responsible state broadcasting corporation and inform them of any changes to their data; in shared accommodations this does not apply if another flatmate is already registered and is liable for the contribution. In addition, the respective state broadcasting corporation may demand comprehensive information from each person liable to pay contributions.

12. Can I “avoid” paying and what happens if I do not pay?

With the household fee, it is now very difficult for people to free ride and avoid paying. Whereas it used to be relatively easy to avoid paying the fee because the GEZ had to prove that you had broadcasting equipment that was subject to the fee, you now have to prove yourself that you do not even have the possibility to receive a broadcast — if you cannot do this, you must pay the contribution, unless you are exempt.

Attention! Deliberate or negligent failure to pay is considered an administrative offence and may be subject to a fine.

13. Can the broadcasting corporations demand entry to flats?

No, they have never been allowed to do so and will not be allowed to do so in the future! It is no longer necessary to enter flats, as the contribution is charged regardless of the number of devices or whether any actually exist.

14. Where can I get further information on this?

Further information can be found, for example, online at www.rundfunkbeitrag.de; there you can also obtain the application form for the exemption of the contribution obligation.

  • 3_logo_vicinity
  • 6_logo_optonia